Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Weekend



Saturday night good friends came over. We watched a slide show of our friend's trip to New Mexico, ate dinner and talked. I love those kind of nights. On Sunday M. got out the handmade sewing kit/basket her grandmother made her for Christmas. She threaded the needle all by herself, and sewed buttons with just a little help. Then, we made it through our first family game of Chutes and Ladders without a 4yr. old meltdown. She struggles with not winning. Maybe a one of the downfalls of being an only child. This game she made up a little song for herself to start singing if things started going downhill. We sang it about 5 or 6 times before I won, but she hung in there. I was so proud of her. Here are her song lyrics:

If you are happy things are better
If you are sad things are badder

I think I am going to start singing this song as much as I can. Can't beat wisdom from a 4yr. old.

1 comment:

d said...

I love little mae mae. She is so wise in her young years. She makes us work through the issues, but gives us the nuggets of goodness and love along the way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails