Friday, March 13, 2009

Seaweed Snacks in the Kitchen

I read GOOP, Gweneth Paltrow's blog every couple of weeks. I like to keep up with the cool and hip girl. Make sure I am not missing out something big. It sorta bugs me that it is an innate part of her to be effortlessly cool, but mostly I am happy she is in her own way making the world a better place through her blog. She announced that next month her blog will feature an interview with Tamra Davis, who is a NY super mom. She produces short online video cooking shows. She is also married to one of the Beastie Boys, and an extremely accomplished movie director and mother to two children. I went to her website and watched a couple of her videos. Of course it is totally pro; music, editing, camera angles, but just enough of the roughness to make it seem homespun. A niche. A total niche. The kind of niche that could really give the Food Network a run for its money. Immediately, I wanted to make a cooking YouTube video! I don't have a digital recorder or any editing skills, but I have a pretty kitchen and lots of good ideas. By last night I had the concept of my "show" all figured out. Easy, seasonal, budget minded cooking that is geared toward mom's who need meals that are quick.
Oh, a girl can dream right?
This one will keep my mind going for days.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

why dream about it? you could totally do it- especially now that you have your mac. it has all sorts of editing features on it-- it would be fabulous.

d said...

Dude - you have an apple laptop. That thing has editing stuff BUILT INTO IT! Do short ones like the gourmet videos on You Tube. I learned how to make ricotta cheese in 2 minutes.

Seriously.

Sarah said...

maybe my fellow commenter D is who is bringing DUDE back into my daily lexicon. Ricotta cheese in two minutes....hmmmm. something to think about.

I just grudgingly checked out GOOP and it angered me on site. I lasted all of three minutes and now I'm hostile. Celebrities suck---- your blog is much better.

heather m. said...

DO IT!!! yay. I'll tune in..:)

oh, and my hubby is a mac genius...web guru, etc. (he'd scoff at that description...) you could throw q's at him if you needed to. But you probably wouldn't need to...

You are supermom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails