Saturday, September 12, 2009

Weekend

Sometimes planning the weekend can be complicated. The social part of me loves city life, and I am always trying to make my country life filled with more city life things. My husband on the other hand craves all things country due to his city life kinda job. A bonfire with friends may be his favorite thing to do with his free time. Me, not so much. Give me culture, fine food and a good glass of wine with a reason to dress up and I am a happy camper. This is why I long for financial windfalls that would allow us to have an apartment in the city, a free babysitter, and a grocery store that sells ramps, oxtail, sheep's milk ricotta and frisee (and that is a modified list!).
That said, last night I made polenta topped with spicy tomato and pepper sauce topped sauteed wild shrimp. Take that you country life!
Today I am attending a free lecture at the co-op about homeopathy and swine flu. I will be sure to fill you in on the details. I will be the smiling person with a pen, notepad and lots of enthusiam in attendance. God I love being a geek at the right moments.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I can't wait to read all about your learnin' today at the co-op. Please don't leave anything out. As you did today when you neglected to include pictures of the polenta dish! It sounds delicious, and polenta is one of my Italian husband's favorite dishes, although yours sounds so much better than what his family makes. Please don't tell anyone I said that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails